Saturday, December 10 through December 17, 2016
(Ask about our Student Discount!)
• Hotel Accommodations
• Visit to the ancient sites listed for the Workshop, with possible changes to the schedule as needed
• All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners at local respected restaurants
• Workshops, lectures and study sessions at the ruins
• Paid admission fees to archaeological zones
• All study materials are provided
• Exclusive Source Book volume by David Stuart exclusively for Maya Field Workshops
• Access to behind-the-scenes archaeological features
• Opportunities to interact and learn from local experts and archaeologists
• Paid entrance fees and tours of local museums and area sites
• Tips for service providers including transportation, hotel, and restaurant staff. Often individuals will choose to tip extra for service that they especially appreciate. This is certainly not required, but feel free to use your own judgement.
• Focused lectures on Maya Hieroglyphs, Iconography, Archaeology, History and more.
Our participants are part of what makes the Maya Field Workshops completely unique. We have hosted complete beginners who have never been out of their home country to seasoned experts who are looking for a deep understanding of key sites and hieroglyphic writing. Each participant receives instruction tailored to his or her own level. We have hosted couples, single travelers, and have had young students as young as 12 and world-travelers in their 80s. Participants also learn from each others’ discoveries, creating an environment that allows profound amounts of learning in just a week’s time.
It is understandable that travelers to the Maya region want to make sure that their explorations and adventures are as safe as they are enlightening. We share this concern and have carefully considered every aspect of each area visited during a Maya Field Workshop. The sites visited, are chosen for their safety, security, and outstanding examples of Maya art, architecture, and culture. We constantly monitor security conditions in the Maya area; please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.
Maya Field Workshops has hosted interested learners from all walks of life. We have accommodated participants in the past with mobility and health issues and we create a welcoming and tailored experience for each individual.
Please read and sign our medical information questionnaire
The Maya Field Workshops strive to provide a unique experience not available anywhere else in the Maya world. We have developed relationships with our hotels, restaurants, and travel partners over many years, and we are constantly negotiating the best available prices in the region without sacrificing an exclusive experience for each participant.
Single occupancy (1 person per hotel room) : $5,600 US Dollars
Double occupancy (2 people per hotel room): $5,200 US Dollars each
To print a registration form for Calakmul 2016 Workshop Click Here
To register by phone, please call Ann Stuart at (828) 230-9916
A deposit of $500 US Dollars is required for your reservation if you pay by check. Credit cards will be charged in full at the time of registration on.
Payment in full for those paying by check is required 60 days prior to the Workshop start date.
Refunds can be made up to 60 days prior to departure if you need to cancel. Please call to discuss any emergencies that come up closer than that date and we will try to accommodate your situation.
Please remember to include the completed medical questionnaire (to be posted soon.)